HENDERSON PRODUCTS - CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
This is a full-time position responsible for the design and integration of company products onto customer supplied truck chassis. Decisions made in this capacity impact the financial health of the company in terms of overall design for manufacture, installation and use of products by end users. Accurate, comprehensive Engineering documentation positively impacts overall company performance as well as reducing exposure to warranty and product liability expense.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management of new product development projects.
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of detailed piece part and assembly drawings.
- Development and maintenance of item master, bills of material, product descriptions and routings.
- Support sales on bid requests including cost estimates and liaison for design input.
- Selection of materials and vendor supplied items fall under leadership and responsibility of Design Engineer in cooperation with sales, marketing, and various operations groups.
Knowledge & Skills
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis and resolution ability.
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency with company’s CAD design tools (Auto Desk Inventor).
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
- Organizational, detail, and follow-up skills.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Experience with hydraulically driven equipment and electrical control systems.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Related Engineering field experience required.
- Master’s Degree in related field optional.
- 3-5 years direct experience in truck equipment industry preferred.
- 3 years direct experience with using solids based CAD design tools.
- Normal office environment plus exposure to noise, weather and equipment when working in production and testing areas. Some travel required to investigate execution of design intent.
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Download an application below!
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
FACILITY: 1085 South Third Street, Manchester, IA
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE: 3 - 5 Years
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
For more information on Career Opportunities at Henderson Products, call Henderson Products at 800-359-4970.
Copyright © 2018 Henderson Products, Inc., a division of Douglas Dynamics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The employment application form found above is a Microsoft Word document. If you choose to fill out the form
electronically, you'll need to save it to your computer once complete. From there you have three options for submitting
- re-attach in an email to: email@example.com
- print the form and fax it to: (563) 927-7041
- print the form and mail it to: Henderson Products,
HR Dept., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057